Be involved in projects with our Transit & Rail team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Director of National Bus Transit Practice. This individual will be responsible for managing the resources and the development of strategies associated with WSP’s zero emission, bus rapid transit, maintenance facility, bus fleet procurement, inspection, and auditing practices.
- Collaborate with the WSP Transit & Rail fleet & facilities practice leads across the country.
- Work with the National Transit and Rail leadership team, Area and Regional Executives for operations and business development, the Transit and Rail Market Leader, and the Regional and Area Business Development leads on identification, development, and execution of systems sales leads, proposals, and strategies.
- Formulate and execute business development and client capture strategies, including general marketing efforts and specific opportunity pursuits, complete with identification and required staff resources to win and effectively deliver projects
- Lead the proposal development process, including team formulation, Statement of Qualifications, Technical Proposals, and Presentations
- Present at conferences and participate in workshops to strengthen existing client relationships and establish new relationships; obtain an understanding of emerging state-of-the-art technologies and market drivers.
- Manage and/or participate in seller/doer roles on projects
- Maintain a high regional and national profile
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals, and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion about you joining our team.
Who You Are
- Minimum 17+ years of related transit/rail experience, including 10+ years of experience in leadership, project management, client services management, or business development activities for large-scale transportation clients and/or projects
- Bachelor’s degree or similar relevant degree.
- Experience in client prepositioning activities, team (internal and external partners) and proposal development, and execution of selection interviews
- Track record of managing and growing a technical/engineering staff and promoting a Transit/Rail Center of Excellence
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources, and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety, and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Professional Engineer certification
- MS in Engineering
- Demonstrated Increasing market share in the Transit/Rail sector, including the strategic growth areas of zero emission, bus rapid transit, bus fleets and facilities
- Proven leader in developing and nurturing relationships with key clients
- A recognized leader in professional organizations
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Travel Required: 50%
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: REMOTE – AR
- All locations: US-CA-Los Angeles, US-CA-Sacramento, US-CA-San Francisco, US-DC-Washington, US-GA-Atlanta, US-MA-Boston, US-NJ-Jersey City, US-NJ-Newark, US-NY-New York, US-PA-Philadelphia, US-PA-Pittsburgh, US-Remote, US-TX-Dallas, US-TX-Houston
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world’s leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 15,000 employees in over 300 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a flexible, agile and hybrid workplace model while meeting client needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States