HARRIS ▪ RAND ▪ LUSK
260 Madison Ave – 15th Floor, New York, NY 10016
Phone: (212) 867-5577/ (917) 273-7862 email@example.com
Chief, Diversity & Inclusion
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey (PANYNJ), serving the nation’s largest metropolitan area, builds, operates, and maintains some of the country’s most important transportation & trade infrastructure, seeks a dynamic and experienced executive with proven leadership skills and a successful record overseeing diversity and compliance programs, to serve as Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer (CD&I).
A member of the senior management team, and subject matter expert for inclusion of MBE, WBE, SBE, DBE, SDVBE, and LGBT suppliers, the CD&I ensures an integrated alignment of Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and business objectives. S/he plays a key role ensuring the Authority’s 30% MWBE participation goal is met on capital projects.
S/he will empower and utilize innovative and competitive diverse companies within the supply chain, and develop new programs enabling MWSBEs to mature and grow to meet the future business partnership opportunities.
S/he will also handle a broader communications program, intergovernmental relationships, public engagement, labor workforce programs, and compliance. S/he will work with stakeholders to establish and monitor diversity metrics.
The CD&I partners with the Chief Human Resources Officer to implement D&I strategies, programs, policies, and metrics to attract, retain and promote a diverse workforce. S/he will also manage the Employment Opportunity (EEO) Compliance, training and other equity programs, includes oversight of compliance with all federal and state laws, including The Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title VI, Title VII, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Bachelor’s degree. Advanced degree in business, law, human resources, or public administration desirable.
- Currency on diversity programs and strong contacts and collaboration with other D&I leaders in sharing best practices and trends.
- Superior leadership abilities in increasingly responsible jobs.
- Ability to communicate how D&I contributes to core business strategy.
- Ability to develop a strategic vision and comprehensive plans and objectives
- Experience with federal regulatory agencies, community organizations, business leaders, elected officials and constituents.
- A successful record of influence, community building, networking, and deploying effective programs for diversity and compliance.
- Knowledge of affirmative action and civil rights federal, state and local laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Knowledge of procurement and construction practices and strategies.
- Demonstrated success managing conflict, building consensus, facilitating problem-solving, and collaboration.
- Ability to lead, motivate, mentor and develop staff.
- Exceptional internal and external communication and presentation skills.
For a more detailed Job Description visit www.harrisrand.com, click on “Current Opportunities”
The PANYNJ is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements in confidence to Christopher Boylan, Harris Rand Lusk Executive Search at: firstname.lastname@example.org